Fachgruppe Information Retrieval (GI Special Interest Group on Information Retrieval)
Attention: The workshop Information Retrieval 2022 has been cancelled.
The workshop Information Retrieval 2022 of the Special Interest Group on Information Retrieval within the German Gesellschaft für Informatik (GI) provides a forum for scientific discussion and the exchange of ideas. It takes place in the context of the LWDA „Learning, Knowledge, Data, Analysis“ workshop week at the University of Hildesheim, Germany. This workshop continues a successful series of conferences and workshops of the GI Special Interest Group on Information Retrieval (http://fg-retrieval.gi.de/).
Submissions should address current issues in any area of Information Retrieval. We invite submissions, both from industry and academia, describing:
- Original research contributions
- Ongoing and recently finished research at the graduate level (M.Sc./Ph.D.)
- Running research projects or project proposals
- Resources (e.g., novel testbeds or software tools)
- Negative results (including a careful failure analysis)
- Visions, ideas, and positions
- Resubmission of papers recently published at other renowned conferences no earlier than 2020
The target group includes researchers and practitioners who are interested in developing, applying and analyzing information retrieval systems as well as application scenarios. The workshop is also a great and affordable platform for young researchers to present their work to a larger group of researchers and get valuable feedback. Doctorate and Master’s students are especially encouraged to participate and discuss their ideas with world-renowned experts. Next to research papers, we invite you to submit in-practice papers that focus on presenting ongoing projects and applied research.
Types of Submissions
- Research papers (variable paper length from between 4 and 12 pages)
- In-practice papers (up to 6 papes)
- Resubmissions of previously published research from high-impact venues
- Page limits are excluding references.
Page limits are excluding references.
Submissions are welcome in English and German. They have to use the official CEUR-ART 1-column style. An Overleaf page for LaTeX users is available at https://www.overleaf.com/latex/templates/lwda-2022-template/qknyqqjdzrzt. You can also download an offline version with the style files from http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-XXX/CEURART.zip. It also contains DOCX template files. The papers should be submitted as PDF files to EasyChair https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=lwda2022.
All submissions will be reviewed by at least two independent reviewers. All authors of accepted submissions will be invited to the workshop to present their work. Accepted research and in-practice papers will also be included in the proceedings that are published at http://ceur-ws.org/ and indexed within DBLP.
All workshop participants have to register for the LWDA 2022 conference. We would like to make the workshop a lively discussion forum and we will therefore ask authors and reviewers to outline the main questions to be discussed before the actual workshop.
- Submission: July 31, 2022
- Notification: August 30, 2022
- Camera-ready copy: September 22, 2022
- Workshop: October 5 – 7, 2022
- Philipp Schaer, Technische Hochschule Köln, Germany
- Klaus Berberich, Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft des Saarlandes, Germany